With the cold weather months upon us, here are a few tips to keep your home warm and efficient:
To keep your home warm,
or CLICK Here:
- Call to have your heating system maintained to prevent any preventive failures
- Make sure to check your furnace air filter and replace if necessary
- Replace your humidifier water panel to ensure proper operation. Adding a humidifier to a forced air heating system will bring more comfort into your home in the dry winter months. Also with proper humidity you feel warmer at a lower temperature therefore saving on fuel usage!
- Use the power of the sun.. Keep the blinds open on south facing windows to help heat up your home during the day
- If you have a fireplace, when not in use make sure to close the damper to not let your heat escape through the chimney
- Seal drafty windows or purchase heavy drapes to cut down on the cold air entering the home
- One more tip with the holidays season coming use light-emitting diode — or “LED” — holiday light strings to reduce the cost of decorating your home for the winter holidays.